Job Spec: Online Shop Keeper
- The LMS 10000 Online shop is fully set up and running, and is selling merchandise to support the IDRS project to re-create LMS 10000
- The IDRS are recruiting for a person who can act as as “shopkeeper” for the online sales.
- The role involves keeping the stock, processing orders received online and dispatching merchandise to customers.
- The role would suit somebody based in any part of the UK, and who has access to the post office.
- Estimated time commitment would be approx. 1 hour per week, plus 2 trips to the post office.
The successful candidate must have;
- Internet access
- Familiarity with email
- A good “customer facing” attitude
- As this role is customer facing, the candidate must be reliable.
The following would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with simple spreadsheets
- Easy access to postal services
- Orders are placed by customers on the online shop (https://sites.google.com/site/lms10kshop/).
- The order details come in from the checkout system via email, and can be viewed on a web page.
- The shopkeeper then checks the order for any errors, and prepares the stock for dispatch.
- The merchandise is wrapped, packed and labeled with the customers address
- On the checkout webpage, the order is charged, an order confirmation is automatically sent.
- The merchandise package is taken to the post office within 48hrs and posted to the customer
- The shopkeeper also should monitor the stock levels (held in a “Google docs” spreadsheet) against those of the merchandise, and let the team know when stock levels are low, and new stock is required.
- Because the customer payment is handled electronically, and goes direct to the IDRS account the shopkeeper will not need to handle cash, other than a small float supplied by the society for postal charges and packing.
The LMS 10000 team will fully support this role. The checkout system and stock is already in place and working, and full training can be provided.
However there is scope for the right candidate to expand the shop and work with the sales stand team on new merchandise.
The shopkeeper will work closely (by email and phone) with the secretary to ensure that the shop runs smoothly, and the shopkeeper has what they need.
No compensation is offered for this role, except for the satisfaction from being a key part of this exciting project to re-create LMS 10000.
The IDRS will pay expenses for postage and packing materials on production of receipts.